Talking with Patients Using the Four Habits Model offers the busy clinician a
practical, efficient, and evidenced-based approach to interacting with patients.
This new 21-page monograph written by 3 experts in the field of clinician-patient communication includes suggestions for:
- Using the computer in the exam room to enhance rapport
- Setting limits respectfully when the list exceeds the time or the patient
requests unnecessary tests or treatments
- Expressing empathy briefly and effectively
- Responding to diversity in patients' cultures and literacy levels
- Adapting the model for interactions on the telephone and in the hospital
The monograph also includes a summary table of the Four Habits Model to
use as a stand-alone reference.
"Using the Four Habits Model strengthens my relationships with patients AND saves me time."
Lynn K. Chang, MD, General Surgery, The Permanente Medical Group
here for ordering within the Kaiser Permanente Northern California region.
here for ordering from another Kaiser Permanente region or if you
are outside of Kaiser Permanente.